Qatar On Maps At The Qatar National Library
- Location: QNL Auditorium
- Date: 29 April 2018
- Time: 06:00 pm - 07:00 pm
- Ticket Purchase: Online
- Price: - It's free!
- Website: https://events.qnl.qa/event/nV5El/EN
Qatar has been a known place on maps for almost 2,000 years, but the peninsula itself was represented on some maps from 1548 to 1596, then disappeared completely until 1823. In this lecture, Christopher Alario, QNL Information Services Librarian - Historical Maps, and QNL Director of Historical Research and Partnerships Dr. James Onley will discuss how and why this happened. UCL-Q archeologist and Gulf studies expert Dr. Robert Carter will also discuss what we can learn about early settlements in Qatar from these maps.
Language: English, but Arabic interpretation will be provided
Seats are limited. To register, please click the link below.
You Might Like It
- National Museum of Qatar (NMoQ)
- 1 December 2023 - 31 December 2023
- 12:00 am - 12:00 am
- Katara Art Studios - Building 19
- 9 September 2023 - 4 October 2023
- 05:00 pm - 07:00 pm
- M7 Ground Floor- Gallery
- 8 September 2023 - 9 December 2023
- 10:00 am - 05:30 pm
- Qatar National Convention Centre, Auditorium 3, Ar-Rayyan, Qatar
- 24 September 2023
- 07:30 pm - 09:30 pm