Purple Island Beach Cleanup
- Location: Meeting point: Dairy Queen by the Radisson Blue Hotel
- Date: 6 March 2020
- Time: 12:30 pm - 05:30 pm
- Ticket Purchase: No tickets needed
- Price: General entry - It's free!
- Website: https://www.instagram.com/deap_qatar/
Hello everyone! DEAP and our friends from a Flower each spring and Aqua Sports Invite you you to our beach and mangrove cleanup in purple island. This is a kid and family friendly event.
Please note THERE ARE NOT ANY SERVICES (toilets) at the cleanup location, however there is an Almeera nearby. Anyone under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
AGENDA FOR THE DAY:
-4x4 is not needed.
-12:30pm Meeting time at the Dairy Queen by the Radisson Blue Hotel in Salwa Road. https://goo.gl/maps/7SctiL9p6Ln IF YOU ARE CARPOOLING MEET US HERE.
-1:00pm Departure to the cleanup location.
-2:15pm WE WILL REGROUP HERE: https://goo.gl/maps/vYd3o8A4r73CDFUz6
-2:30pm Arrival to the cleanup location. We will head to the island from here. https://goo.gl/maps/XLmeL4EqqHsPxfK76
-2:30-4:30pm Cleanup activities.
-4:30-5:30pm Social time, share some food, enjoy a clean beach.
-5:30pm end of the event.
IF YOU ARE DRIVING YOUR OWN CAR AND CARPOOLING WITH TEAM DEAP:
1. We can't thank you enough for this.
2. Please post on the comments section(transportation plan) how many seats you have available.
IF YOU NEED A CARPOOL RIDE:
1. Write a comment on the discussion section, under transportation plan, and let us know you need a ride.
2. Be on time and don’t forget 10-20 riyals to contribute for petrol with your driver.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU:
- Water/ Food to share. Reusable water bottles, mugs, food containers, and cutlery are encouraged. Let’s lead by example!
- Your ID / RP
- Hat, towel, change of clothes, sunscreen. PLEASE DRESS PROPERLY (long pants or bermudas ok). Don’t forget to be culturally sensitive. Girls, shoulders covered. Guys, keep your shirts on.
-Closed toe shoes are recommended.
***Every person attending the event is responsible for their own wellbeing and safety. DEAP or any of its volunteers is not responsible for anybody's actions and their consequences. All responsibility relies on each individual participating on the cleanup.
You Might Like It
- Hilton Doha The Pearl Hotel & Residences Doha Qatar
- 26 August 2022 - 27 August 2022
- 08:00 pm - 01:00 am
- Doha sports club الدوحة Qatar
- 1 August 2022 - 30 August 2022
- 09:00 am - 11:00 pm
- Radisson Blu Hotel Doha, C Ring Road, Doha, Qatar Qatar
- 13 August 2022 - 31 December 2022
- 06:30 pm - 10:30 pm
- Al Arabi Sports Club, Doha, Qatar Doha Qatar
- 1 September 2022 - 2 September 2022
- 08:00 pm - 12:00 am
- Oasis Stage, Mall of Qatar Qatar
- 11 August 2022 - 20 August 2022
- 05:00 pm - 09:00 pm