Katara International Arabian Horse Festival 2023
- Location: Katara Waterfront
- Date: 1 February 2023 - 11 February 2023
- Time: 03:30 pm - 09:30 pm
- Ticket Purchase: Online
- Price: Arabian Peninsula Show - VIP Starting from 5000 QR Auction Fees - 500 QR Title Show - VIP Starting from 5000 QR Public-First come first served - It's free!
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: http://kiahf.qa/
Katara International Arabian Horse Festival (KIAHF) is a world-class event held under the patronage of HH Amir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani. KIAHF will be the largest equestrian sporting event hosted by Katara this season, among a series of events. The highlight of the five-day festival is the Title Show for purebred Arabians. As one of the world’s highest-ranked shows, only the finest horses will be eligible to participate.
This is the first time the premier show is being hosted at Cultural Village Foundation, Katara. The festival will have variously related cultural and educational activities. The Title Show has some distinct features: it is the first event of its kind being held by the waterfront, and the total prize money of 13,000,000 is one the highest awarded for such an event.
This Festival plays a key role in encouraging owners of purebred Arabians in Qatar. It inspires them to improve their breeding programs and nurture the beauty of the breed.
ARABIAN PENINSULA HORSE SHOW
- February 1 - 4, 2023 from 3:30 pm onwards
ARABIAN HORSE AUCTION
- February 6, 2023
- Auction Fees: 500 QR
- Stable opening hours: 9 am – 12 pm
- Inspection: 12 pm – 3 pm
- Distribution of bids and payment of security deposit: 3 pm onwards
- Bidder registration: 4 pm
- Auction starting time: 5:30 pm
Contact: Mobile: +974 6644 8443 or Email: [email protected]
- February 8 - 11, 2023 from 3:30 pm onwards
The various activities associated with KIAHF include:
- Auction of horses participating in the Title Show; Qatar is a global pioneer in this area.
- Exhibition – Equine postal stamps.
- Painting – Saddle art
- Cube painting
- 3D Painting on the ground.
- Sculpture art
- Display of horse-related books
- Exhibition: Equine photography
- Food and beverage stalls
- Parade of horses
- Street decoration: Katara’s main street will be lit up with Arabian-style lighting installation to create an exciting festival atmosphere.
- Light show on the esplanade and amphitheater.
- Closing ceremony
Within the activities of the third edition of Katara International Arabian Horse Festival (KIAHF) 2023, they will hold a Photography Competition "Best Photo".
KIAHF will offer participants and visitors a delightful experience by showcasing the Qatari spirit and tradition and presenting them with a memorable fusion of the past, present, and future. It also seeks to strengthen the bond between purebred Arabians and the local community. Reflecting the tradition and spirit of Katara, KIAHF will offer a taste of something exceptional, exquisite, varied, and interesting!
DRESS CODE: Your traditional attire or business formals.
PLEASE NOTE: GENERAL ENTRY - FREE! (However, it's first come first served)
Source and image credit: KIAHF
You Might Like It
World of Football Exhibition
- 3-2-1 Qatar Olympic and Sports Museum
- 2 October 2022 - 1 April 2023
- 10:00 am - 08:00 pm
2023 Qatar Olympic Committee Sport Events
- Check locations below
- 9 January 2023 - 24 December 2023
- 07:00 am - 01:00 pm
Ramadan Sports Festival 2023
- Aspire Zone Foundation, Qatar
- 28 March 2023 - 8 April 2023
- 09:30 pm - 11:59 pm
QRS Ramadan Challenge 2023 - Al Shaqab
- Al Shaqab (Education City)
- 23 March 2023 - 13 April 2023
- 09:00 pm - 11:59 pm