Class on 'Creative Industries: Cultural Career Paths' by VCUarts Qatar
- Location: Qatar
- Date: 9 August 2020 - 12 August 2020
- Time: 06:00 pm - 08:00 pm
- Ticket Purchase: Online
- Price: Online registration - 1500QR
- Website: https://qatar.vcu.edu/creative-industriesturning-your-design-practice-into-a-career-1
The Cultural Industries Series is a collaboration between VCUarts Qatar's Alumni Relations office and the British Council.
1 - Honing Your Personal Statement.
An in-depth look at the important elements in application-making and in how to describe your practice. The artist's statement is often the first introduction to your work and is the stand-in for you when you are not there. What makes a clear and compelling artist statement? How does it become the cornerstone of the applications and descriptions of your practice?
2 - Applying for International Residencies.
An in-depth look into types of artist residency programs, with examples from the UK and internationally. What options are available for young artists? How do you apply, and what makes a great application?
3 - Understanding the Art Market for Artists.
A look at understanding the different elements of the art market, including art fairs, commercial galleries, private collectors, and digital platforms. How do artists start to sell their work? What kinds of galleries exist and how do you network with them? How, when, and should you utilize the art market to develop your personal career plan?
For more information on class structure, click HERE!
You Might Like It
- Hilton Doha The Pearl Hotel & Residences Doha Qatar
- 26 August 2022 - 27 August 2022
- 08:00 pm - 01:00 am
- Doha sports club الدوحة Qatar
- 1 August 2022 - 30 August 2022
- 09:00 am - 11:00 pm
- Radisson Blu Hotel Doha, C Ring Road, Doha, Qatar Qatar
- 13 August 2022 - 31 December 2022
- 06:30 pm - 10:30 pm
- Al Arabi Sports Club, Doha, Qatar Doha Qatar
- 1 September 2022 - 2 September 2022
- 08:00 pm - 12:00 am
- Oasis Stage, Mall of Qatar Qatar
- 11 August 2022 - 20 August 2022
- 05:00 pm - 09:00 pm