Ajyal-2021-jury-registrationAjyal Film Festival Jury Programme 2021
- Location: Katara Cultural Village
- Date: 22 August 2021 - 24 October 2021
- Time: 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
- Ticket Purchase: No tickets needed
- Price: Standard Fee - 250QR Discounted* - 200QR
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: https://www.dohafilminstitute.com/filmfestival/ajyaljury
As a member of the Ajyal Jury, you watch films, discuss with fellow jurors and film experts, vote for the winners of the Ajyal Film Festival, and use your energy to bring about positive change far beyond Ajyal.
The experience of being an Ajyal Juror is unparalleled: an inspiring and creative hands-on experience that instills not only an appreciation of film, but also the values of teamwork, critical thinking and leadership.
Over 13 days of the festival, discover global cultures through the powerful medium of film, while making new friends from across the world.
Last year, Ajyal welcomed over 400 jurors of 45 nationalities—you can be one of them this year!
Join the Ajyal Film Festival Jury from 7 – 19 November 2021.
As an Ajyal Juror, you will get to:
1- Watch short and feature-length films from all over the world, both online and in the theatre.
2- Vote for your favourite films and choose the Ajyal Competition winners.
3- Meet internationally renowned and thought-provoking guests.
4- Attend online workshops and masterclasses on filmmaking techniques and film language
There are three Ajyal Competition juries in three age groups. They are:
Mohaq means ‘New Moon’ in Arabic, and these are Ajyal’s youngest jurors, aged 8 to 12. The young people of this jury will watch a programme of short films and four feature-length films.
Ajyal’s jurors aged 13 to 17 make up the Hilal jury – the term means ‘Crescent Moon’ in Arabic. Four feature films and a programme of shorts make up the Hilal jury’s festival programme.
The most mature of Ajyal’s juries, Bader (Arabic for ‘Full Moon’) jurors are aged 18 to 25 and will select their favourite films from five features and two programmes of short films.
How to Register
You’re just a few clicks away from joining our unmissable Ajyal Jury experience for 2021. The registration is open from 22 August to 24 October, and you must be between the ages of 8 and 25 to enroll. The registration process will require a one-time participation fee to secure your place, as outlined below.
Early Bird (if registered before 22 September)
Discounted Fee (Siblings and Qatar Museums Culture Pass Members)
Source & Cover image credit: Doha Film Institute
You Might Like It
- Qatar Lusail Qatar
- 7 November 2021 - 13 November 2021
- 12:00 am - 11:00 pm
- Garage Gallery at the Fire Station Mohammed Bin Thani St Doha Qatar
- 5 November 2021 - 31 March 2022
- 09:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Submissions are online. Ar-Rayyan Qatar
- 28 September 2021 - 10 November 2021
- 12:00 am - 12:00 am
- Doha Design District, Msheireb - Qatar Doha Qatar
- 9 October 2021 - 9 October 2021
- 03:00 pm - 08:00 pm
- Grand Hamad Al Arabi Stadium Doha Qatar
- 16 October 2021 - 16 October 2021
- 05:30 pm - 07:30 pm