World of Football Exhibition
- Location: 3-2-1 Qatar Olympic and Sports Museum
- Date: 2 October 2022 - 1 April 2023
- Time: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Ticket Purchase: Online
- Price: Adult - 100 QR One Pass Holder - It's free! Child (Age 16 and under) - It's free!
- Phone: 3332 2829
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: https://321qosm.org.qa/en/calendar/world-of-football
Qatar is set to make history as the first Arab country to host the FIFA World Cup. The 3-2-1 Qatar Olympic and Sports Museum (QOSM) marks this occasion with the special exhibition World of Football.
Visitors will be able to relive memories of some of the greatest World Cup moments of the past, get behind the scenes of Qatar’s successful bid to welcome the world, and see our plans for the future.
Among the exhibition, highlights are the jersey worn by Argentine great Diego Maradona described by many players as "the greatest player of all time" when he scored twice to give Argentina a 2-1 lead against England in the quarterfinals of the 1986 FIFA World Cup. His second goal was nominated by FIFA.com users as the “goal of the 20th century”.
Additional objects featured in the exhibition include a football used in the finals of the first World Cup tournament in 1930; the first written account of the rules of football, determining how the sport is played; Pele’s Santos shirt from 1973, the year he came to play in Doha; and jerseys worn by some of the sport’s all-time greats.
BEFORE YOUR VISIT
- Ticket capacity is extremely limited and may change at any time. Please purchase tickets in advance in order to select your preferred time slot.
- Consult our Visitor Guidelines, which include essential information about the dress code, photography policies, and other useful tips to help you make the most of your visit.
- 2 October 2022 – 1 April 2023
- Saturday–Thursday: 9 am - 7 pm
Fridays: 1.30 - 7 pm
Location: 3-2-1 Qatar Olympic and Sports Museum
Special operating hours will be in effect from 1 November–20 December. Please note that the information is subject to change and may be updated at any time.
Sunday through Saturday: 10 am – 8 pm
Note: Last entry to museums and galleries is 30 minutes prior to closure.
3-2-1 Qatar Olympic and Sports Museum will be closed to the public on the following days:
- Friday 11 November
- Saturday 12 November
The museum will be closed to the public on the following match days at Khalifa International Stadium:
- Monday 21 November
- Wednesday 23 November
- Friday 25 November
- Sunday 27 November
- Tuesday 29 November
- Thursday 1 December
- Saturday 3 December
- Saturday 17 December
- All visitors to 3-2-1 Qatar Olympic and Sports Museum must purchase tickets online in advance of their visit. Ticket capacity is extremely limited and may change at any time.
- Parking at the museum is extremely limited. We recommend that visitors be dropped off by private car or taxi or arrive via the metro.
- Upon arrival, visitors will be screened at the FIFA Security gates and must have a museum ticket and Hayya card. Once through security, visitors will be taken to and from the museum on a shuttle bus. They will not be permitted to enter the adjacent stadium.
Related: Maradona's iconic 'Hand of God' jersey headlines 'World of Football' exhibit in Qatar
Source and image credit: 3-2-1 Qatar Olympic and Sports Museum
You Might Like It
2023 Qatar Olympic Committee Sport Events
- Check locations below
- 9 January 2023 - 24 December 2023
- 07:00 am - 01:00 pm
Tennis Class at Cabana Club
- Radisson Blu Hotel Doha, Intersection of, C Ring Road, Doha, Qatar
- 15 March 2023 - 31 December 2023
- 01:00 pm - 09:00 pm
Buy early bird tickets Formula 1(r) Qatar Airways Qatar Grand Prix 2023
- Lusail Circuit Sports Club
- 6 October 2023 - 8 October 2023
- 02:00 pm - 08:00 pm
QRS Track Challenge 2023: Al Gharrafa Edition
- Al Gharrafa Park
- 9 June 2023 - 16 June 2023
- 06:30 am - 08:30 am