The “Woven Stories” Auction 2022 by AlBahie Auction House
- Location: Katara Building, Building 47 and 22 C
- Date: 6 January 2022 - 12 January 2022
- Time: 03:00 pm - 09:00 pm
- Ticket Purchase: Online
- Price: Various from - 4000 - 500000QR
- Phone: 4408 0534
- Website: https://www.albahie.com/
Cultural Village Foundation- Katara is hosting AlBahie’s “Woven Stories,” masterpiece carpets from 1870 to present which will continue until January 12, 2022. The auction will be held on the last day of the preview, January 12 at 7:00 pm.
AlBahie said the auction takes the category to the next level by offering true works of art alongside an informative insight into the craftsmanship and history behind the carpets on offer.
It consists of a stunning selection of high-end rare rugs and carpets. The rarity of these carpets is determined by their quality, age and condition, among other factors.
The newer pieces included made by the prominent makers of today are posited to be the masters of the future. The determining factors taken into account when assessing carpets include the condition, knot count, mix of colors, design, maker, the materials used, production size, and even where the carpet was produced.
The value of a carpet is determined by many factors, including the complexity of the design, the Rangrez, quality of materials, number of knots, quality of execution, size, and if the carpet was woven completely by the same family of weavers. The carpet prices range from QR 4,380 to QR 511,000.
- Location: Katara Building, Gallery 47
- Date and Time: January 06 - January 12, 2022, from 3:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Location: Katara Building, 22 C (In front of Chapati and Karak)
- Date and Time: January 12, 2022, at 7:00 pm
- For auction, you can also BID ONLINE.
For more information and inquiries, just call: 4408 0534
Source and image credit: Cultural Village Foundation - Katara
You Might Like It
- This is an online event. Qatar
- 26 May 2022 - 26 May 2022
- 05:30 pm - 07:30 pm
- Aspire Ladies Sports Hall, Doha Qatar Doha Qatar
- 24 May 2022 - 28 May 2022
- 06:00 pm - 09:00 pm
- Corniche Promenade Doha Qatar
- 14 May 2022 - 15 June 2022
- 06:30 pm - 11:00 pm
- Katara Cultural Village, Opera House Doha Qatar
- 28 May 2022 - 28 May 2022
- 07:30 pm - 10:00 pm
- Building 18 - Gallery 1, Katara Doha Qatar
- 18 May 2022 - 18 May 2022
- 06:30 pm - 08:30 pm