Uniting Humanity: The Power of Faith and Sports
- Location: Katara Drama Theatre
- Date: 26 November 2022
- Time: 08:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Ticket Purchase: Online
- Price: Participate here - It's free! Participate here - It's free! Participate here - It's free!
- Website: https://exploringislam.com/en/whats-on/uniting-humanity-the-power-of-faith-and-sports
During this unique evening of reflection, exploring how faith and sports can unite humanity, audiences will hear from two incredible speakers. Scholar and theologian Dr. Omar Suleiman provides reflections on the power of faith - across borders and cultures - to carry us through trials and tribulations and help us recognize our common humanity.
Simultaneously, athlete and motivational speaker Zion Clark provides reflections on his personal journey of sports becoming his saving grace. As a result, he was able to access a forum for expression, connecting him to global audiences, and providing the opportunity for dialogue and understanding.
Founder and President of the Yaqeen Institute for Islamic Research and beloved scholar, Dr. Imam Omar Suleiman, joins from the USA for a special evening of reflection on the FIFA World Cup 2022. Held for the first time in an Arab and Muslim-majority country, the World Cup has provided an opportunity for cohesion and understanding.
Dr. Suleiman looks at the uniting power of sports and how our common humanity must be valued above all else.
Date and Timings:
- November 26, 2022 - 8 pm
Location: Katara Drama Theatre
- The end timing for this event is approximate.
- Tickets prices are to be updated.
Source and image credit: Exploring Islam
You Might Like It
2023 Qatar Olympic Committee Sport Events
- Check locations below
- 9 January 2023 - 24 December 2023
- 07:00 am - 01:00 pm
Tennis Class at Cabana Club
- Radisson Blu Hotel Doha, Intersection of, C Ring Road, Doha, Qatar
- 15 March 2023 - 31 December 2023
- 01:00 pm - 09:00 pm
Buy early bird tickets Formula 1(r) Qatar Airways Qatar Grand Prix 2023
- Lusail Circuit Sports Club
- 6 October 2023 - 8 October 2023
- 02:00 pm - 08:00 pm
QRS Track Challenge 2023: Al Gharrafa Edition
- Al Gharrafa Park
- 9 June 2023 - 16 June 2023
- 06:30 am - 08:30 am