Reduce Food Waste While at Home
- Location: Webinar is online.
- Date: 29 April 2020
- Time: 02:00 pm - 03:00 pm
- Ticket Purchase:
- Price: Registration - It's free!
- Website: https://bit.ly/3eYlOry
Food loss and waste has indeed become an issue of great public concern. The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development reflects the increased global awareness of the problem. Unfortunately, countries in the Middle East waste 1.3 billion tons of food worth more than a trillion dollars every year. Not to mention the negative impact of food waste on environment and its contribution to climate change.
Join us to discuss responsible food consumption and tips on how to reduce food waste at home and best practices to prepare healthy and waste free meals during Ramadan and every day.
Kim Wyatt | TV Presenter and Food Writer & Co-Director|
Kim Wyatt is a TV presenter and food writer for several publications plus the host of I Love Qatar Media's food show. Kim is a co-director of Qube Upcycling - a company that aims to reduce food waste in Qatar.
Aisha AlMaadeed | Founder|
Aisha is an ambitious, hard-working individual who is passionate about volunteering and environmental issues. She is the founder of Greener Future initiative, an initiative to support replacing plastic with eco friendly solutions.
Nodoka Nakamichi | Co-Founder/Marketing and PR Manager|
QUBE was founded one year ago with the mission to reduce the environmental, health and social impacts of environmental pollution generated by food waste. Nodoka is passionate about creating awareness around implications of food waste on our Earth and educating people on what actions they can take today to make a difference.
Ruba Hinnawi | Technical Coordinator |
Qatar Green Building Council
Ruba has managed and prepared a variety of sustainability-oriented programs, workshops and initiatives to promote sustainability and green practices targeting various community entities. In addition to her work as a technical coordinator for QGBC offered programs like Green Key, Eco-schools and EcoCampus.
You Might Like It
- Mathaf: Arab Museum of Modern Art الدوحة Qatar
- 16 October 2021 - 23 October 2021
- 03:00 pm - 05:00 pm
- Qatar National Library, District of Freedom, Al Luqta Street, Doha, Qatar شارع اللقطة الدوحة Qatar
- 6 November 2021 - 6 November 2021
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- Garage Gallery at the Fire Station Mohammed Bin Thani St Doha Qatar
- 5 November 2021 - 31 March 2022
- 09:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Doha Design District, Msheireb Doha Qatar
- 8 October 2021 - 8 October 2021
- 04:00 pm - 06:00 pm
- Submissions are online. Ar-Rayyan Qatar
- 28 September 2021 - 10 November 2021
- 12:00 am - 12:00 am