Portuguese Gastronomic Week at Four Seasons Hotel Doha
- Ticket Purchase: No tickets needed
- Price: - N/A
- Website: https://press.fourseasons.com/doha/hotel-news/2018/portuguese-gastronomic-week/
Four Seasons Hotel Doha and the Portuguese Embassy present the first Portuguese Gastronomic Week 2018, showcasing an exciting epicurean journey to Portugal for guests to savour from March 12 to 16, 2018. Designed to offer the utmost in unique dining experiences, the five-day event will showcase myriad authentic Portuguese and Portuguese-inspired culinary offerings, including a specially designed menu by globally renowned Chef Miguel Castro Silva, and musical performances by award-winning fado musician Maria Ana Bobone. Guests are invited to sip, savour and celebrate the distinct fusion of culinary artistry and entertainment reflective of Portugal.
Host Chef Miguel Castro Silva, who is regarded as one of Portugal’s great master chefs, will present a tasting menu reflective of Portugal’s traditional fare of fresh seafood and infused with his signature modern twist. An industry veteran, Silva operates seven restaurants in Portugal and has redefined the culinary scene in that country. Now, he brings his technique and culinary craftsmanship to Doha for the first time for all to enjoy.
“The team at Four Seasons is thrilled to bring the first ever Portuguese Gastronomic Week to Doha for all to enjoy,” said Manuel Santos, Director of Food and Beverage at Four Seasons Hotel Doha. “We are honoured to welcome acclaimed Chef Miguel Castro Silva and cultivate an exciting week of culinary arts showcasing flavourful food, soulful musical performances, and the opportunity to celebrate and explore Portuguese culture, in the heart of Doha.”
The Portuguese Gastronomic Week schedule of events include:
March 12-16, 2018
- Il Teatro: Tasting Menu presented by renowned Chef Miguel Castro Silva. The exquisite seven-course menu includes smoked mackerel on vegetables; almond vichyssoise with smoked duck; seabass with orange and fennel; codfish in pil pil, potato, onion and egg; slow braised rib with dry tomato risotto, sheep cheese mousse, cassis sorbet; and sponge cake with lemon curd.
- QAR 350 per person including a glass of sparkling.
Thursday, March 15, 2018
- Barefoot Beach BBQ: Celebrate a Portuguese themed evening at the Hotel’s festive Thursday night culinary destination. The special Portuguese Gastronomic Week menu features mariscada stations, Portuguese salads and soups stations, and authentic dessert stations. Special performance by Maria Ana Bobone, a globally renowned fado singer hailing from Portugal who will showcase the distinct melancholic and soulful sounds of this traditional Portuguese music genre. Fado is globally recognised as a symbol of Portuguese culture and tradition.
- Price from QAR 275 per person including soft beverages.
Friday, March 16, 2018
- Friday Brunch: Portuguese food corner showcases fresh, seasonally-driven cuisine reflective of the region’s signature flavours and dishes, including codfish with tomato and chick peas, fish roe with marinated peppers, tuna empanada with morrone peppers, and goat cheese with artichoke.
- Price is QAR 340 for soft beverages and QAR 450 for special beverages, QAR 170 for kids’ age 5-12 years old and kids below 5 eat for free.
Sip, savour and celebrate the distinct flavours, sounds and culture of Portugal at the first annual Portuguese Gastronomic Week 2018. To make a dining reservation, call 44948600 or email [email protected]
You Might Like It
- Heenat Salma Farm, Ash-Shahaniyah Ash-Shahaniyah Qatar
- 8 October 2022 - 13 October 2022
- 02:00 pm - 06:00 pm
- Sealine Beach, a Murwab Resort, Sealine Beach Road, Mesaieed, Qatar Umm Said Qatar
- 30 September 2022 - 31 October 2022
- 12:30 am - 06:00 pm
- Corniche Promenade Doha Qatar
- 1 October 2022 - 29 October 2022
- 12:30 pm - 03:30 pm
- Al Mrqab Ballroom, Four Seasons Hotel Doha Doha Qatar
- 14 October 2022 - 14 October 2022
- 10:00 pm - 11:59 pm
- Multaqa (Education City Student Center), Al Huqoul St, Doha, Qatar Doha Qatar
- 19 September 2022 - 20 September 2022
- 09:00 am - 04:00 pm