Nomads' Lives' exhibition by National Museum of Qatar
- Location: National Museum of Qatar
- Date: 27 October 2022 - 14 January 2023
- Time: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Price: Check it out - It's free!
- Website: https://nmoq.org.qa/en/
Qatar Museums will hold an exhibition on 27 October at the Qatar National Museum that will highlight the rich cultural heritage of nomads in the middle of the Sahara Desert, Arabian Middle East, and Mongolia.
The exhibition comes within a series of cultural initiatives devised by Qatar Museums in 2022 and within the framework of assuring Qatar's prestige as a prominent artistic and cultural destination at the regional and international levels.
The gallery, which is set to run till 14 January 2023, reviews the lives of nomads and semi-nomads in three regions- the Sahara, Qatar, and Mongolia as well as those groups' endeavors to establish and preserve significant and rich social lives in addition to the formation of deep and beautiful cultural stereotypes in an environment full of challenges.
The exhibition will display a rich collection of artifacts and historical photos from the Qatar National Museum and other museums. It will also include collections borrowed from international museums including the National Museum of Mongolia, The Du Quai Branly Museum in France, and the Vienna Globe Museum.
Note: The timings for this event is to be updated.
Special operating hours will be in effect from 1 November–20 December. Please note that the information is subject to change and may be updated at any time.
Sunday through Saturday: 10 am – 8 pm
Note: Last entry to museums and galleries is 30 minutes prior to closure.
- Visitors are advised to use public buses or the metro. Information about getting around Doha during the FIFA World Cup can be found on Qatar2022.qa.
- Tickets to the National Museum of Qatar are available in one-hour time slots. Please arrive on time to ensure entry.
Source: QNA; Cover image credit: NMoQ
You Might Like It
- National Museum of Qatar (NMoQ)
- 1 December 2023 - 31 December 2023
- 12:00 am - 12:00 am
- Museum of Islamic Art, Qatar
- 23 October 2023 - 20 April 2024
- 10:00 am - 07:00 pm
- M7, Msheireb Downtown Doha
- 10 October 2023 - 9 December 2023
- 11:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Doha, Ad Dawhah، Qatar
- 15 December 2023 - 16 December 2023
- 02:00 pm - 11:00 am