Mountain Bike XCO Race
- Ticket Purchase:
Let us support: UFMBQ NORTH2SOUTH MTB RACE CHALLENGE SERIES
PART 1: AL KHOR XCO
Organizer: United Filipino Mountain Bikers Qatar
Location: Al Khor Playground Trail
Type of Race: Mountain Bike XCO
Online Registration Start: 0800H 11-Oct-2015
Online Registration Ends: 1200H 19-Oct-2015
* Online Registration Only (No Onsite Registration)
Event Page: [LINK]
Race Registration Form: http://bit.ly/AlKhor-XCO-EntryForm
05:00H to 05:15H - Volunteers and Race Maker's Call Time
05:15H to 06:00H - Race Sign On Registration
06:00H to 06:15H - Race Briefing & Orientation
06:15H to 06:30H - Starting Order
06:30H onwards - Race Proper (Mass Start Per Category Release)
RACE ENTRY FEE: 30 QR per rider
GENERAL RULES AND GUIDELINES:
* The route will be Pure Off Road with some Dry and Wet Portion.
* Terrain composes of Flats, Climbs and Semi-Technical Drops.
* 1 Lap is approx 5 kilometers +/-
CATEGORIES: (Subject for Screening by the Race Committee)
* Full XCO (6 Laps : 30 km +/-)
- WEEKEND WARRIOR
* Half XCO (3 Laps : 15 km +/-)
- MEGAMAN (BMI ≥ 30) see BMI Chart below for reference
* During the race proper, marshals and first aid kits will be available.
* All other persons must be kept clear off the course.
* In the event of bad weather, the Race Director has jurisdiction to cancel the race.
* Only Mountain Bikes will be allowed to be used in the race.
* Minimum Tire Width Allowable: 1.9 inches and above.
* Knobby Tires only (Slicks, Semi Slicks and Street Tires is not allowed)
* Minimum Wheel Diameter: 26 inches and above.
* Competing Rider will be allowed to use only 1 bike
* Bike Swapping is not allowed and will result to Disqualification.
* Cannibalizing of Minor Parts is allowable except for the Frame, Fork and Handlebar.
* Helmet must be worn at all times while the competing rider is racing and inside the race track.
* No Helmet, No Ride, No Result.
* Rider must make sure that his Race Number will stay attached to his Handle Bar ONLY, and must be clear and visible during the entire duration of the Race.
* A rider must act in a sporting manner at all times and must permit any faster rider to overtake without obstructing.
* If a rider exits the course for any reason, he/she must return to the course at the same point from which he/she exited.
* If the Race Director deems that the rider gained advantage, the rider is disqualified.
* The riders must respect nature and must make sure that they do not pollute the course venue.
FEED & TECHNICAL ZONE
* There will be 2 feed zones within the course. Water will be distributed on these zones, though each rider should shoulder his/her own nutrition items
* The technical assistance zone will be located after the finish area
*The starting order will be determined by the committee before the race starts
* The race will commence with a mass start, per category with a five-minute gap in-between
* Major awards will be given to the top three finishers of each category
* Minor awards will be given to the fourth to tenth finishers of each category
PROTEST AND APPEALS
* Any appeals should be submitted immediately to the Race Committee
* Any appeals made after the results have been posted on-line will be deemed late.
GROUNDS FOR DISQUALIFICATIONS
* Unsportsmanlike manners.
* Disrespect towards race organizers and volunteers and co-competitors
* Disrespect to nature (such as littering).
* Unfair Advantages such as Using Shortcuts and related practices.
* Removing of Helmet in anytime a rider is competing.
* Unreadable Race Numbers (due to incorrect position).
* Any violation of the rules shown above.
*These rules and guidelines are subject to change, as deemed necessary, by the race committee without prior announcements.