Mangrove Kayaking Eco.Adventure & Discover Wildlife - Purple Island
- Location: Purple Island Beach, Al Khor, Qatar
- Date: 12 May 2023 - 31 August 2023
- Time: 04:00 pm - 08:00 pm
- Ticket Purchase: Online
- Price: Adult - 240 QR kids under 12 - 120 QR kids under 7 - 60 QR
- Phone: 33194445
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: https://www.aquasportsq.com
Nestled along the coast near Al Khor is a vast and beautiful mangrove forest, the best way to access the forest is by kayak. We will take you through the network of channels that have been carved out by tidal action. The area supports a lot of bird life and is a favorite destination for nature lovers. Sun set is a perfect time to see the birds and listen to the sounds of the forest.
Suitable for families and those looking for a relaxed easy paddle taking in the greenery and bird life of the nature reserve
What you get to experience:
- Kayaking smoothly in the mangroves
- Observing Qatar’s fabulous wildlife
- Bird Watching during the mangrove tour
- Have a short break at the Purple Island
- Opportunity to Swimming & Snorkeling Break on Purple Island
- Learning about Mangroves Ecosystem's Brief and conservation
What is included in this tour:
- Kayaking Fundamentals & Safety instructions
- Kayaking Equipment (Paddle, Life-jacket, Single Or Double Kayak)
- 90 minutes Kayaking
- Free Beverages (Bottled water & Juices )
- English / Arabic speaking Tour guides
- Certified Lifeguard Rescue/ First- Aider & qualified Instructor Escort
- Bird Watching during the mangrove tour
- Learning Mangroves Ecosystem's Brief
- Access to a Bedouin Camp facility with Mangrove View (Praying area attached with ablution, Shower, toilet , changing room , Arabian Tent ,Carpeted area with floor seating , relaxing mattress , Solar Lights, Bonfire, volleyball , Soccer , First Aid station)
- Marine Insurance
- Location : Purple Island Al Thakira – 55 km from Doha
- Fitness Level : Any - No prior experience needed
- Swimming Skills : Not required
- Water Depth : Max 1.5 meter - mostly shallow
- Tour duration :Around 90 minutes - 1st Break inside Mangrove channel & 2nd break at Purple Island
- Children ages 2 years and above can join with Parents
What’s the Purple Island:
- A mere 45-minutes' drive from Doha , located near Al Khor.
- In the past, the Purple Island in Qatar was used as a fishing & pearl diving site by the local people of Qatar.
- The name of the island is due to the fact that it was used as a dye production site which was purple in color. from shells of murex snails on the island.
- The history of Purple Island dates back to second millennium BC
- A gateway to tranquility where one can unwind and relax away from the city’s liveliness. Amidst a natural serene setting
- Offers utmost satisfaction to all the nature lovers for seclusion & to spend some time away from noisy city life.
- Green in color which is quite contrary to its name & surrounded by stunning greenery and exotic wildlife including fossils.
- A blissful ambience with abundant mangroves make this place, nature’s delight and perfect to spend a day in the lap of nature.
- The best time to visit is at high-tide.
We advise you to bring the following:
- Closed shoes or sandals that can get wet, it can be rocky in certain places.
- Comfortable clothes to wear for kayaking (light, loose fitting clothing is best), shorts and t-shirt work well. (Please try to be dressed following the rules of the country)
- Change of clothes for after the trip
- A towel ,Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat/cap, phone waterproof case
- Refillable water bottle ( we're eco-friendly company and kindly help us to eliminate the plastic waste)
- 3:30 pm -We will meet at AquaSports Camp
- 4:00 pm - 6 pm
- Safety briefing and short paddling instruction
- Will chilled and explore different winding mangroves channels taking in the views various nesting wading birds and sea-life, wildlife life and enjoy an occasional jumping fish & watch sea craps.
- We will have first break briefly on Mangrove shore to take some refreshments - A short educational ecology is provided about the mangrove ecosystem and will learn about the history of purple Island .
- We will have second break on deserted purple island beach and take some pictures , hiking , swimming , and snorkeling.
- As the sun is setting we will paddle pack to the beach and enjoy the amazing sunset over the mangrove forest and desert
- 6 pm: 8:00 PM
- Will set under our relaxing Arabian ten enjoying and having delicious BBQ Iftar meal ( Adults ) & Chicken Shawarma (Kids)
- Please let us know if you are a vegetarian to arrange a different meal.
Tours timing subjected to booking availability / weather conditions / Mangrove tide level
Terms & Conditions:
- Children should be accompanied with parents & under their supervision / responsibility.
- Fitness Level: any
- Swimming Skills: not required
- Minimum age: 1 yrs.
- Maximum weight per person: 140 Kg
- Alcohol beverages are not allowed & strictly prohibited.
- The trip will only be cut short in case of emergencies.
- Weather Restrictions: Heavy rain/sand storm may require rescheduling.
- Guests are requested to show up minimum 30 minutes earlier to the departure time We will not wait for any latecomer.
You Might Like It
The Whale Sharks of Qatar Tour 2023
- Al Ruwais Port in the North of Qatar
- 18 May 2023 - 31 August 2023
- 05:00 am - 04:00 pm
The Littlest Pirate in Qatar
- The Doha Players, Community Theatre Group
- 31 May 2023 - 9 June 2023
- 06:30 pm - 07:30 pm
Regine Velasquez-Alcasid live in Doha
- Indoor Hall, Al Gharafa Sports Club
- 30 June 2023
- 07:00 pm - 09:00 pm
It's Time to Skate at Chuck E. Cheese
- Chuck E. Cheese, Lusail Boulevard
- 9 June 2023
- 06:00 pm - 08:00 pm
Gateway to Summer Festival at The Gate Mall
- The Gate Mall
- 5 June 2023 - 15 June 2023
- 03:00 pm - 09:00 pm