Hermes Heritage: Harnessing the Roots Exhibition in Qatar
- Location: National Museum of Qatar (NMoQ)
- Date: 4 March 2023 - 1 April 2023
- Time: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Price: Check it out - It's free!
- Website: https://nmoq.org.qa/en/
Hermès is delighted to share that the Harnessing the Roots Exhibition has arrived in Doha at the National Museum of Qatar (NMoQ) and will remain open from March 4th to April 1st, 2023.
This is the second episode of the "Hermès Heritage" touring exhibitions. It explores the history and heritage of the house, through a series of objects that highlight iconic themes, colors and motifs from the house’s origins as a harness-maker and saddler, until today.
All of the creations highlighted in the exhibition come from three distinct sources:
- The Émile Hermès collection – a collection of treasures and small curiosities, located at the Hermès flagship at 24, rue du Faubourg-Saint-Honoré in Paris (France), that Émile Hermès built up throughout his life.
- The house’s Conservatory of creations.
- The contemporary fashion, lifestyle, and accessories collections. These objects are complemented by documentary archives and a film from 1962 in which Robert. Dumas, heir and director of Hermès from 1951 to 1978, explains the art of saddle-making. It is this intertwining of materials, stories, and techniques that reveals the fantasy and magic of Hermès.
Source and image credit: Press Release
You Might Like It
- Garage Gallery, Galleries 3 & 4, Doha Fire Station
- 31 August 2023 - 16 December 2023
- 09:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Museum of Islamic Art, Qatar
- 23 October 2023 - 20 April 2024
- 10:00 am - 07:00 pm
- M7, Msheireb Downtown Doha
- 10 October 2023 - 9 December 2023
- 11:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Mina District, Old Doha Port
- 26 November 2023 - 2 December 2023
- 12:00 am - 12:00 am
- Doha, Ad Dawhah، Qatar
- 15 December 2023 - 16 December 2023
- 02:00 pm - 11:00 am