As Salwa Beach Cleanup
- Location: As Salwa Beach
- Date: 23 December 2021
- Time: 09:30 am - 11:30 am
- Ticket Purchase: Online
- Price: General entry - It's free!
- Website: https://www.instagram.com/deap_qatar/
Hello everyone! DEAP and Qatar Museums in collaboration with Albaladiya and Sea Shore Recycling invite you to a cleanup in As Salwa beach. This is a kid and family-friendly event. Due to Covid registration is MANDATORY.
Details/ What to bring:
- Volunteers must have their own transportation. Sedan friendly location.
- Green Ehteraz is required. Social distancing is MANDATORY. Wearing a face mask is optional.
- Bring your QID or passport. Anyone under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Bring your own gloves, work or gardening gloves are recommended. Bags will be provided.
- Dress PROPERLY: Be respectful of local culture. Shoulders covered, no small shorts. Long shorts or pants are preferred. Don’t forget sun protection, and bring a sweater in case it is cold.
- Bring your own food and drinks, please make sure to bring enough water to drink. Feel free to bring a chair or a mat to sit on.
- There are NOT any toilets or facilities on site. There’s always a petrol station along the way.
How to register:
- Please only confirm if you are certain you are coming.
- Send DEAP (@deapqatar) a DM on Instagram or email Qatar Museums at Volunt[email protected]. Let us know how many people are coming with you.
- We will send you a confirmation message if there are enough spaces available.
- 9:30 am arrival to the cleanup location. PLEASE BE ON TIME. We will start on time.
- 9:30-10:30 am Cleanup activities.
- 10:30:11:30 am Social time, enjoy a clean beach. People depart whenever they want.
- 11:30 am End of the event and drive back to Doha.
***Every participant/volunteer acknowledges that not DEAP or Qatar Museums, nor any of its volunteers is responsible for the actions, the consequences of these actions, and the well being of participants en route, during, and after the cleanup. All volunteers acknowledge the risks associated with the cleanup and being outdoors in nature and the wilderness. All responsibility relies on each volunteer attending the cleanup.
Thank you and see you on Thursday! Let’s #keepqatarclean